He Burns Coffee Grounds in His Backyard. The Reason? GENIUS!
Mosquitoes are the reason why our most relaxed backyard barbecues turn into a frenzy of swatting and knee-slapping. Some of us are even allergic and others are afraid of serious viruses that can be transmitted.
Unfortunately, mosquito bites aren’t just itchy and annoying. Mosquitoes can carry diseases and spread them to humans. Mosquitoes have been known to carry:
- Zika – linked to birth defects
- Dengue – can lead to hemorrhagic fever
- West Nile – causes fever, joint pain, vomiting and rashes
- Malaria – causes fever, chills and vomiting
- Yellow Fever – can cause jaundice, chills and vomiting
- Chikungunya – can cause joint pain, rashes and nausea
- La Crosse Encephalitis – can cause fever and nausea
- Rift Valley Fever – can cause dizziness, weakness and eye damage
- Jamestown Canyon Virus – can cause flu-like symptoms
- Snowshoe Hare Virus – can cause dizziness, vomiting and rashes
With more than 175 known species of mosquitoes in the United States, they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, so it’s important to learn how to protect yourself from them.
We try to use a different commercial repellents to protect ourselves, but they have a lot of negative effects for our health.
Here we are going to give you a solution that you can’t imagine. We are talking about coffee grounds!
Recent studies have shown that coffee grounds can be very effective natural repellents and can keep away a different kind of insect, such as mosquitoes, wasps and bees.
The smell of burning coffee grounds is the best solution for protecting yourself from mosquitoes.
How do you use coffee grounds ?
All you should do is take fresh or used coffee grounds, put them in a bowl and cover it with aluminum foil. When the grounds dry, place them in your garden and burn them.
This is the easiest and cheapest way to protect yourself and your children from mosquitos and have a safe summer.
Want to see the trick in action? Check out this video!