ANTI-INFLAMMATORY TODDY (GUT-HEALING RECIPE)
Drinking this toddy will provide you with a natural way of soothing the body in a way that tastes delicious; laced with creamy cashew milk and perfumed with healing spices.
There are three ways to get the maximum amount of gut healing from nuts, soak them, blend or chew them well and enjoy them in moderate amounts. Nut butter and nut milk, can also make them much easier to digest as the body doesn’t have to work as hard to break them down. Being one of the softer more pliable nuts, cashews, when blended with water, make a rich, creamy milk that resembles full-fat cow’s milk.
When trying to heal your gut, for some people minimising dairy intake can help as dairy is often loaded with sugar and can have an acidic effect in the body. Many people with sensitive stomachs can also fail to produce enough lactase, the enzyme required to digest dairy, and so it may ferment in the gut and cause a range of tummy upsets. This is where plant-based milks really step up.
This anti-inflammatory toddy makes the perfect supper beverage after a day of eating when your digestive symptoms are likely to be at their worst due to the accumulation of food in the stomach and overwork. However, everyone can benefit from the healing properties of this delicious healthy tea which can be enjoyed anytime and by anyone, regardless of their digestive health.
- 250 ml (9 Fl oz/1 cup) cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of vanilla powder
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 2 star anise (optional)
- Heat the cashew milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2–3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the spices, ginger, vanilla and pepper, and then stir to remove any lumps.
- Remove from the heat and pour through a fine sieve to remove the grated ginger.
- Add the stevia and enjoy warm.
Source: http://www.mrhealthylifestyle.comhttp://globalhealthyunited.com/index.php/2016/10/26/anti-inflammatory-toddy-gut-healing-recipe/https://i0.wp.com/globalhealthyunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/wer.png?fit=700%2C455https://i0.wp.com/globalhealthyunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/wer.png?resize=150%2C150Food & RecipesGeneral